Saturday, May 30, 2009

Whisky Moresby


"I recall one typical evening when, after dinner, a group of us sat on the verandah enjoying what coolness there was as we sipped our whisky and water. By the time midnight was approaching, not an unkind word had been unspoken, not a reputation left untarnished. Feeling I had had more than enough I cried plaintively: “Doesn’t anybody love anyone in this town?” The answer came in a flash. “Good Lord, yes. Everybody knows Bill Jones loves John Smith’s wife.”

David Selby, Itambu, 1963. World War II anti-aircraft commander in Rabaul, East New Britain then 1961-62 Judge of Supreme Court of PNG.

1 comment:

  1. Hello:

    I saw your web-blog. I think it is excellent. Iam from Cuba, but I live in USA. I would like to changes links. I have 2 blogs...

    I hope you respond soon.

    www.pasajedeportivo.blogspot.com

    http://del-verde-caiman.nireblog.com

    RAFAEL.

    ReplyDelete