Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yes, no, I mean, er..goodbye...


Australian carbon company Carbon Planet paid $1.2 million to PNG for carbon deals but when AAP asked about it, Carbon Planet chairman Jim Johnson was not too pleased.
"I've got nothing to talk about," he said.
"I am really sick of you people casting aspersions on my company.
"No payment has been made to PNG, your information is incorrect."
AAP read out an Australian Securities and Investment Commission Carbon Planet financial statement which says: "Payments include $1.2 million of advanced funding on origination projects in PNG which the company expects to recoup in the 2009 financial year."

Johnson responded: "I am not explaining at all. I am not having this conversation," before hanging up.
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-world/eco-firm-pays-out-for-png-carbon-trading-20090618-cj1r.html

1 comment:

  1. He needs to visit Taiwan for training in polite lies. Something like, "On the question of carbon trading, I think it's too early to say what our position is."
    (Ralph Jennings)

    ReplyDelete